- After looking forward to this trip for YEARS, we are finally going to Montreal. I am a little terrified looking at the weather forecast. I own a great parka but am thinking that I really need to invest in a few more layers to wear under it.
- I am obsessed with this out-of-the-box idea for a birthday cake from Jodi at The Creative Life In Between. This is so much better than a card and a check!
- I am traveling back to Mississippi this weekend to spend time with family. I’ve been enjoying learning a lot about or family history. I finally started reading this book written by my dad’s uncle. It’s a book on success stories of investment banking during the Depression. Since I’ve become so much more interested in personal finance during the last few years, it is incredibly interesting and I just love that it is written by someone that I am related to.
- I am going to be on 8 different planes next week, which is a record for me for sure. So this week I am going to lots of yoga, drinking lots of emergen-c and reading up on these great tips for staying healthy during travel. Wish me luck!
- My fiancé and I invested in a ThunderShirt for our dog, Melba, this week. Last week’s New Years’ celebrations included many, MANY fireworks near us and she was less than pleased. I’ve also heard that you can give them melatonin or Benadryl to calm them down during a storm etc. Anyone have any other anti-anxiety recommendations for dogs??
- Adventurous Kate is hosting/recommending a 12-Book Reading Challenge for 2018. The twist is that all 12 books have to adhere to a certain theme (chosen by you, the reader). I love the idea of this! I always set a Goodreads challenge, but that’s only ever succeeding or failing at reading a certain number of books. Kate’s suggestion is much more creative, and one I’m definitely going to try to do!
- I found this “Ultimate Los Angeles Fitness Guide” from FitBritLa this week and can’t wait to use it more! It is missing a few of my fav yoga studios, but definitely opening my eyes up to lots more workout classes and studios in our area.
- There. Is. So. Much. Travel in my future!! This year is shaping up to be one of the busiest ever (my wedding(s), other friends’ wedding(s), spur of the moment trips booked, vacations, honeymoons, etc. etc. etc!) and so I’ve been utilizing a lot of my favorite travel booking sites lately. One that I’ve introduced to a few different people recently is Google Flights. If you’ve never heard of it, try it now! And also be sure to utilize their flight tracking feature, it is a massive timesaver!